Monday, June 30, 2014

Dear Daddy - Day 1

T left on Saturday for a week in the stifling Florida heat where he has agreed to help D's brother retile his house after coastal flooding earlier last month. It's the first time E and T will be away from one another. D had intended to e-mail photos to Daddy, but then thought it might be just as well to translate E's "talking" throughout the day here so that others who want can look in too.

* * *

Dear Daddy,

I'm glad you made it to Florida alright, even though you said I couldn't come along because security would question why you had a baby in your suitcase.




I miss you a lot already, even though I'm having a lot of fun with Nana and Mommy. It was strange to not have you get me up in the morning so that we could play before I eat breakfast. But don't worry, Nana gave me a massage and played with me for a long time.

I spit up and it went down what Mommy said was the "wrong tube" while I was eating breakfast. I cried and cried for a long time. Nana and Mommy tried different things. Really, I just had to work it out with a good cry. The more I cried, the more I got worked up until I finally crashed.

It was so muggy and hot here that we couldn't go for our walk outside, but I played a lot inside. 




And, I lounged displaying my Buddha belly while eating too. (Mom says it's a good sign.)



When I looked out the front window, I saw the beautiful rose you left for me on Saturday. I stared at it as much as I looked out at the tree leaves.



I hope you slept well and that Uncle P got the doctors to look at the cut on his hand from tiling. It will be hard for him to work if he has a gash (Mommy taught me that fancy word) the size of my chest scar on his hand. But tell Uncle P, I think my scar wins.

Love you,
E


No comments:

Post a Comment